Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ashes to ashes...Dust to dust... Dies Cinerum

"Open my eyes today, i knew there's something different...". I started my day with 'Hopelessly Addicted' of The Corrs. There are so many things thats been playing in my mind now enough for me to get destabilize and lost. i dont know what's wrong but i feel something that makes me so depress. I feel so strange today. My mind would ask me whats wrong but my heart cant convey the reason. Its so vague...too much in my head, complexity dwells in. Is it because im listening to mushy songs? I dont think other melody will be apt for my mood today, it will only make me dizzy. Do i need to wake up my virtual alter ego again?Do i need to be her again? Im tired of doing it. Im lost for thoughts. I just hope everything will turn out okay this afternoon.

"We are made up of dust and ashes". I went to mass and its ash wednesday, the imposition of ashes on the forehead as a sign of repentance. It also marks the start of the 40 days and 40 nights of Jesus' fasting. Hearing the mass somehow uplifted my unsated mind and soul...The priest's homily made me realize that humans are vulnerable to sins...to pain and sufferings but because of Jesus Christ there has been a cure for it. He sacrificed His life for our sins for us to have the chance to be in eternal happiness. The priest also said that we should ask God for forgiveness and surrender all of ourself including the sorrows and grievances. When all seems to have no cure or endless, just talk to Him and He will answer you back.

No comments: